- From the above recipe Sushi
For the coating!
- 1 Full Tablespoon Flour
- 1 Full Tablespoon Cornflour
- 1 Egg
- A Pinch Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups regular breadcrumbs also works fine! Panko Crumbs
- For deep-frying! Canola Oil
- Place in a bowl the flour, cornstarch, egg and salt.
- Beat everything with a whisk for about 2 minutes until the batter gets a liquid texture. Not to worry if you begin to get a doughy texture – continue to whisk until the egg gives in!
- Boil oil to 350 F.
- Prepare a tray with panko crumbs (i.e. with the sides - and the bottom straight – making it more convenient to roll the sushi).
- If your rolls are too long for the tool or fryer, cut it in half.
- Dip each roll in the tempura batter and coat the same way from all directions.
- Transfer crumb Punk - Roll the sushi and take care that the sides will float environs.
- Place the roll in deep oil and fry until golden.
- Remove to paper towels.
- Cut into inch thick pieces of sushi and arrange on a serving dish.
- Serve with a bowl of teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and wasabi.