Tempura sushi is actually a standard roll sushi - crispy and delicious. It’s as easy to prepare as ordinary sushi – you won’t understand why they take so much money in restaurants...
- First you need to make sushi or InsideOut sushi
- Place in a bowl the flour, cornstarch, egg and salt.
- Beat everything with a whisk for about 2 minutes until the batter gets a liquid texture. Not to worry if you begin to get a doughy texture – continue to whisk until the egg gives in!
- Boil oil to 350 F.
- Prepare a tray with panko crumbs (i.e. with the sides - and the bottom straight – making it more convenient to roll the sushi).
- If your rolls are too long for the tool or fryer, cut it in half.
- Dip each roll in the tempura batter and coat the same way from all directions.
- Transfer crumb Punk - Roll the sushi and take care that the sides will float environs.
- Place the roll in deep oil and fry until golden.
- Remove to paper towels.
- Cut into inch thick pieces of sushi and arrange on a serving dish.
Serve with a bowl of teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and wasabi.