Baked lentil patties are delicious and are very easy to prepare for any meal. Lentil patties are healthy, tasty and do not demand frying - and the kids just devour them!
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : 40 Baked Lentil Patties
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- Green lentils - Two cups soaked in water for several hours
- Red lentils - 1/2 Cup
- Zucchini - 1 - Grated
- Sweet Potato - 1 - Grated
- Carrot - 1 - Grated
- Cilantro - A bunch - finely chopped
- Garlic - 2 Cloves - finely chopped
- Onion - 1 - finely chopped
- Celery Stalks - 3 - finely chopped
- Eggs - 2
- Oats - Quick Preperation - 3 Tablespoons
- Canola Oil
- Cook the beans for about twenty minutes until they reach an “al dente” state.
- With a colander, strain the water.
- Keep aside one-third of the mixture and the remaining two-thirds must be crushed. You can use a hand blender or a potato blender.
- If you have a food processor, you can chop the cilantro, add the eggs and lentils and process with a metal knife into a smooth paste. But as I said you can smash manually!
- Fry the onion in a little oil until transparent.
- Add the chopped garlic and chopped celery.
- Let the dish “steam” for a few minutes to soften the celery.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and coriander and a chopper (if not previously worked in a food processor) add the fried onion mixture, the vegetable fondant and the third of the lentils that we left on the side earlier.
- Add the oats, turmeric and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay gently on a lightly greased baking paper at a high temperature (440 – 480 Fahrenheit) until browned.
No need to turn them over during baking.
It’s ready! You can serve with tahini or yogurt.
You can also freeze.