Looking for a salad that’s like a full meal, or a great addition to any meal? Quinoa with beet salad is healthy, refreshing and looks great!
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 50 minutes
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- Put the beets in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until you can poke the beets with a knife and it goes through to the other side without any effort.
- Remove the beets from the water, wait a few minutes to cool and peel them (they should peel easily).
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Cook the quinoa in two cups of water with a teaspoon of salt and a tablespoon of oil for 16 minutes (like cooked rice).
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Scrape the beets on the small side of the grater.
- Add the scraped beets to the quinoa.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, green onion, parsley, cranberries and pine nuts.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix nicely.