Broccoli Quiche is great and very tasty, no doubt! This Broccoli quiche with crispy pastry and a rich filling of cream and Parmesan cheese give you a delicious and pampering dish!
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- For the Dough
- White Flour - 1 Cup
- Full Flour - 1/2 Cup
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Butter - 2.5 oz (soft and cut into cubes)
- Oil - 20 ml
- Egg - 1 Medium sized
- Cold Water - 1 Spoon
- For the Filling
- Purple Onion - 2
- Broccoli - 14 oz (half a frozen pack from the supermarket)
- Cooking cream - 250 ml - one container (10-15%)
- Sour cream - Half Cup
- Egg - 1
- White Flour - 4 Spoons
- Salt - Per Taste
- Ground Black Pepper - Per Taste
- Nutmeg - A Pinch
- Parmesan Cheese - 1.7 oz
- Canola Oil - Small Amount
Prepare the dough
- Mix all the dough ingredients in a food processor until they unify together around the blade.
- It may not be necessary for the water. It is important to work with very cold butter - otherwise the dough will not come out crispy.
- If your are kneading the dough with your hands - you have to keep contact to a minimum in order not to melt the butter too much. (In other words, don't play with your food!).
Prepare the filling
- Break the broccoli into small florets. This is important, otherwise the thick base of the broccoli will not cook.
- Blanch the broccoli for a few minutes in water with a little salt until the broccoli softens, but not too much! - it will continue to soften during baking.
- Cut the purple onions into half rings and saute until early browning in canola oil.
- In another bowl, 1/2 a container of mix sour cream, 1 container of cooking cream, 4 tablespoons flour and egg. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Prepare the tapped
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of half an inch.
- Transfer the dough into a round pan with lower margins. (Also a round mold would be good)
- Place on the dough the broccoli and fried onions and pour over the batter.
- Grate Parmesan cheese over and send baking at 390 F for half an hour, until the filling dries.
Well done, you've finished! Now sit back and let the compliments roll in!