For the Broccoli
- 15 oz bag - bought at any 7/11 Broccoli
- For cooking Water
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Very cold with ice cubes Water
For the Tempura
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cornflour
- 1 Teaspoon Drinking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic
- Generously Salt
- Per taste Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 1/2 Cup - Very cold! Water
For the Frying!
- For the Deep-frying! Canola Oil
- Boil a pot of water, salt and lemon juice.
- When the water is boiling put the broccoli, bring to a boil and cook for another 3 minutes in boiling water.
- Meanwhile, prepare a bowl of water with lots of ice cubes.
- Remove the broccoli to a bowl of water to stop the cooking.
- Drain the water from the bowl - and shake well and dry the broccoli as much as possible.
- Mix the tempura ingredients with a whisk until everything turns into a smooth batter which is very thick.
- Boil the oil to high heat (350 F)
- And now, you need to move fast - Dip the broccoli into the tempura but take care not to remain there a moment beyond the bare minimum. Preferably dip it upside down - otherwise tempura placed between the flowers and that's not good.
- Immediately place in the deep oil for 5 minutes until well browned.
- Remove to paper towels.
- It is ready!
- Serve with spicy mayonnaise or a good tahini.