While most enchiladas are filled with meat or chicken - there is another way and it's even more delicious! Cheese and spinach enchiladas in salsa sauce is a Mexican-style dish of delicious tortillas filled with cheese, spinach, mushrooms and red pepper with a light and spicy salsa that just completes it all!
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Yield : 4 מנות
- For the Filling!
- Medallions of spinach - 14 oz - frozen from any 7/11
- Ricotta - 14 oz
- Mushrooms - 5-6
- Red Pepper - 1
- Mozzarella - Shredded 2.5 oz (about 1/2 a cup)
- Dry Oregano - 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Ground Black Pepper - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cumin - 1/2 Teaspoon
- For the Salsa!
- Tomato Paste - 3.5 oz (small box)
- Sweet Chili - 2/3 Cup
- Assembling the dish...
- Tortilla Wraps - 4 Large or 8 Small
- Yellow Cheese - 2 Slices
- Enchiladas are recommended for events and as a first course for a dairy meal (if making small tortillas) or a delicious supper (for those of you making big tortillas).
- In a small pot, heat the tomato sauce and sweet chilli, stirring until it becomes one.
- Grease a Pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the spinach according to the instructions. Drain and chill it.
- Cut the mushrooms and red pepper into small cubes.
- Combine the spinach, red pepper, ricotta, mozzarella, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, salt and black pepper.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons (approximately) of spinach and cheese mixture into the center of each tortilla in a single column - at the edges leave 1 1/2 cm at least.
- Fold in the sides on the filling and roll up (like cigars, egg roll or vine leaves)
- Arrange the tortillas side by side, in a Pyrex pan.
- Pour the salsa sauce over the tortillas and make sure all tortillas are covered with sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven at 390 F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, arrange strips of cheese and bake for another 10 minutes until they are slightly browned.
Serve with salad dressing and vinaigrette.