While most enchiladas are filled with meat or chicken - there is another way and it's even more delicious! Cheese and spinach enchiladas in salsa sauce is a Mexican-style dish of delicious tortillas filled with cheese, spinach, mushrooms and red pepper with a light and spicy salsa that just completes it all!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 מנות
For the Filling!
- 14 oz - frozen from any 7/11 Medallions of spinach
- 14 oz Ricotta
- 5-6 Mushrooms
- 1 Red Pepper
- Shredded 2.5 oz about 1/2 a cup Mozzarella
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
For the Salsa!
- 3.5 oz small box Tomato Paste
- 2/3 Cup Sweet Chili
Assembling the dish...
- 4 Large or 8 Small Tortilla Wraps
- 2 Slices Yellow Cheese
- Enchiladas are recommended for events and as a first course for a dairy meal (if making small tortillas) or a delicious supper (for those of you making big tortillas).
- In a small pot, heat the tomato sauce and sweet chilli, stirring until it becomes one.
- Grease a Pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the spinach according to the instructions. Drain and chill it.
- Cut the mushrooms and red pepper into small cubes.
- Combine the spinach, red pepper, ricotta, mozzarella, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, salt and black pepper.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons (approximately) of spinach and cheese mixture into the center of each tortilla in a single column - at the edges leave 1 1/2 cm at least.
- Fold in the sides on the filling and roll up (like cigars, egg roll or vine leaves)
- Arrange the tortillas side by side, in a Pyrex pan.
- Pour the salsa sauce over the tortillas and make sure all tortillas are covered with sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven at 390 F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, arrange strips of cheese and bake for another 10 minutes until they are slightly browned.
- Serve with salad dressing and vinaigrette.