This dish of filo pastry filled with pesto, cheese and cherry tomatoes is so delicious that whoever hasn’t tasted it are really missing out! It's like borekas, all crispy and no heavy. There is no margarine or butter - just pesto, cheese and vegetables. The cheese melts, tomato dissolves lightly and the pesto with the crispy pastry sheets are what round up this beautiful super-delicious dish into a great delicacy!
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Yield : 12 חתיכות
- Defrost the filo pastry in the refrigerator overnight - it will be easier to work with them.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into wedges.
- Spray or spread a little olive oil on the bottom pastry sheet.
- Place it on a cutting board and place another sheet of Filo over it and spread olive oil over that too!
- Place over it another sheet.
- Spread the upper sheet with a thin layer of pesto.
- Arrange a row of tomatoes, Bulgarian cheese and salty cheese.
- Roll and cut the roll into 12 pieces.
- Arrange in pairs in muffin trays.
- Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes until golden.
- Make sure it dries at the bottom of the pan.
It’s ready! What a treat...
More options: roasted red peppers instead of cherry tomatoes, a combination of pesto ricotta fried mushrooms and fried onions, or ricotta, spinach and pesto steamed, and dip dried tomatoes instead of pesto.