After we showed you the healthier side of cauliflower with cauliflower in the oven - here it is, and at the request of the audience, a great recipe of fried cauliflower. At home, my wife makes this recipe, and it is hands down the best fried cauliflower ever. In this recipe we give the cauliflower a “easy first cook” in water in order for it to be crispier and cook better.
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Take the cauliflower and place in a pot.
- Fill the pot up to 1 and a half cm over the cauliflower and add the vinegar. Vinegar will keep the white color of the cauliflower whilst cooking.
- Turn on high heat and cook until boiling. After boiling, leaving another 2-3 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Drain the cauliflower and let it cool a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting.
- In a large bowl place the egg and seasoning then mix well with a whisk.
- Slowly add the flour until it begins to thicken. The texture should be slightly liquidy. If it is too liquidy - add flour.
- Heat canola oil in a pot. We are deep frying it in oil - so do not be cheap with the oil!
- Once the oil is hot, we begin to add pieces of the cauliflower and make sure they are covered on all sides.
- Now begin to place the food on kitchen paper towels - and place a new batch in the pot. Be careful not to put too much at once – too much will cool the oil and the frying time increases.
Its Ready! Serve with garlic mayonnaise, grinding or even better just as a snack.