- 2 Cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
Filling for mushroom Gioza
- 1 Basket Champignon Mushrooms
- 2 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- 1 Green Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 chopped Cabbage
- 2 Tablespoons Teryaki Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Mirin
For the fry!
- For deep frying Canola Oil
- Get ready for the dough!
- Place the flour and the salt in a bowl
- Slowly pour in the water and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and solid
- Wrap the dough with nylon and let it rest for half an hour
- Now for the filling...
- Chop the mushrooms
- Cut the carrot into really thin stripes and chop them to a maximum length of 1cm
- Chop the cabbage and cut them into pieces not longer than 1cm
- Chop the green onion
- Place all the chopped vegetables into a bowl and add the teriyaki sauce and the mirin
- On a floured surface - roll the dough it very thin to a thickness of 1mm (until it becomes almost see-through)
- Heat the oil in a pan (ready for the deep frying!) - the Gioza has go into the fryer as soon as they have been folded!
- With the help of a knife, cut the dough into squares (length of approx 4-5 cm)
- Place a teaspoon of filling in the middle of the dough
- Close the dough in half (from corner to corner) into a triangle and press the dough down so there is no air bubbles left inside
- Take the corners of the base of the triangle and close them together
- Now carefully place the Gioza in the oil and fry until browning
- Remove from the oil and place on kitchen paper
- They're ready! Enjoy!