Fried mushroom Gioza is gioza from very thin dough, filled with a mix of mushrooms, vegetables and sauce. Whilst getting fried, the Gioza receives a crunchiness which just adds to the already amazing taste!
Fried Gioza does require a little skill - but don't be alarmed. Just follow the instructions and it will come out perfect!
- Prep Time : 45 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Yield : 20-25 units
Get ready for the dough!
- Place the flour and the salt in a bowl
- Slowly pour in the water and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and solid
- Wrap the dough with nylon and let it rest for half an hour
Now for the filling...
- Chop the mushrooms
- Cut the carrot into really thin stripes and chop them to a maximum length of 1cm
- Chop the cabbage and cut them into pieces not longer than 1cm
- Chop the green onion
- Place all the chopped vegetables into a bowl and add the teriyaki sauce and the mirin
- On a floured surface - roll the dough it very thin to a thickness of 1mm (until it becomes almost see-through)
- Heat the oil in a pan (ready for the deep frying!) - the Gioza has go into the fryer as soon as they have been folded!
- With the help of a knife, cut the dough into squares (length of approx 4-5 cm)
- Place a teaspoon of filling in the middle of the dough
- Close the dough in half (from corner to corner) into a triangle and press the dough down so there is no air bubbles left inside
- Take the corners of the base of the triangle and close them together
- Now carefully place the Gioza in the oil and fry until browning
- Remove from the oil and place on kitchen paper
They're ready! Enjoy!