When we were little - we made do with ketchup smeared over pita bread with a slice of cheese, pushed into the microwave for a minute and a half. Today when we are set in our ways - we have a clear understanding that a good pizza requires excellent sauce and cheese - and of course it must be easy to make - because who has the power to knead for half an hour? So here it is a homemade pizza recipe that does not require too much effort. You can make it easily and it’s very tasty. But not just any homemade pizza recipe - This recipe includes one of the truly special sauces – because, if we are already making homemade pizza, we do not settle for just any tomato paste - but we'll invest a little more and we'll make a fine pizza sauce!
- Prep Time : 50 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Yield : 3 פיצות בינוניות
- Ingredients for Pizza Dough
- Flour - 17.5 Ounces
- Water - 2 Cups
- Yeast - 1 1/2 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil - 5 Tablespoons
- Salt - 2 Teaspoons
- Ingredients for Pizza Sauce
- Tomatoes - 6 large, red, ripe and beautiful!
- Tomato Paste - 3.5 Ounces
- Olive Oil - 3 Tablespoons
- Salt - Teaspoon
- Ground Black Pepper - As Needed
- Crushed Garlic - 2
- Dry Oregano - 1 Tablespoon
- Dry Basil - A pinch
- Flour - For you
- Yellow Cheese - 10.5 Ounces - Grated
- Mozzarella - 10.5 Ounces - Grated
- Pizza Toppings - Olives, mushrooms, corn, tomatoes, onions, etc.
As promised - this is a very light dough recipe that can be prepared in a mixer. Those who are interested in other ways to make this recipe are of course more than welcome to knead by hand.
- Put the flour in the mixer bowl, sprinkle the yeast and turn the mixer on at a low speed.
- Gradually add the oil.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Slowly add the water until you get to that desired dough.
- When the dough becomes stable, and very, very sticky (it can be a little sticky!) - Stop the mixer.
- Sprinkle a little flour over the dough, cover with a towel and let rise for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
Preparation of pizza sauce
- Take each tomato with a knife to remove the top part (with the stem) - basically flatten the top.
- With a spoon - empty the tomatoes seeds – but be careful not to get rid of too much flesh of the tomato.
- Heat a large, shallow pan with olive oil.
- Put in the tomatoes on the flat that we cut earlier.
- Partially cover the pot.
- Fry half an hour on low heat - occasionally move the tomatoes with a wooden spoon – so it does not stick to the bottom.
- After half an hour, remove the lid, and with a fork - Remove the skin of the tomatoes. The skin should peel easily. If it is not – let it cook for another 5 minutes and try again.
- Cook for another 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, mash the whole thing with a fork.
- Add tomato paste, 2 cloves of garlic, crushed, salt, pepper, oregano and basil.
- Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- This sauce is ready - Put everything in a blender and blend to form a sauce.
- Place the sauce on the side to cool a little. At this point, the dough is ready.
Making the pizza!
- Flour the work surface nicely - I like to put parchment paper, flour it and roll it. More convenient!
- Take a lump of dough, flour it also pretty nicely and roll it with a floured rolling pin until you reach your favorite pizza thickness - from 1.5 cm to 3 millimeters. I like to roll out a little more than half a cm.
- Take a fork and gently make a few holes in the dough.
- Using a small ladle or spoon, pour our pizza sauce over the dough apart from the ends.
- Sprinkle our favorite toppings.
- Sprinkle equal amounts of cheese and mozzarella.
- Place it in the the preheated oven of 480 Fahrenheit for 7 minutes - until the cheese begins to brown on top.
Bon Appetit! Your pizza is ready, call everyone!