What can ya do? Sometimes there is no desire to spend a long time on whole lasagna, organizing layer over layer and continually getting strained. So here it is…a simple lasagna pie. Light and delicious and not difficult to make at all! This recipe also works if you don’t have lasagna sheets and just pasta.
*a little tip for - Lasagna is always much more delicious to me after a night in the fridge! Enjoy!
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 40 minutes
- Pasta - 500 grams of good quality pasta - but not macaroni pasta shells
- Tomato Paste - 7 Ounces (2 small boxes)
- Cottage Cheese - 18 Ounces (2 containers)
- Eggs - 2 - Fresh
- Crushed Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Water - 1/2 Cup
- Oregano - 1 Tablespoon
- Sweet Paprika - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - Per Taste
- Ground Black Pepper - Per Taste
- Yellow Cheese - Sliced
- Cook the pasta to “al dente” level. So there is a slight bite and it isn’t completely soft!
- Drain and rinse with plenty of cold water until the pasta cools off.
- Transfer to a bowl whilst checking that the pasta has reached a reasonable temperature and not boiling.
- Add all the ingredients except the cheese., adding the eggs at the end.
- Mix very well with a spoon or your hands until everything is united.
- Transfer into a suitable oven pan.
- Now you decide: I love the lasagna when the pasta at the top gets slightly “over cooked” and then everything gets crispy and crunchy and insanely delicious - so I put the oven on 375 Fahrenheit. If you want nice soft lasagna, go with 325 Fahrenheit!
- Cook the lasagna in the oven for 30 minutes.
- At the end of 30 minutes - Remove, top with slices of cheese and place in the oven for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted to your satisfaction.
Well done, you’ve finished, now sit back and enjoy!
Serve with a delicious salad.