For the Tacos
- 1 Cup White Flour
- 8 Tablespoons Warm Water
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
For the Quick Salsa
- 14 oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Stalks Green Onion
- 2 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- Per Taste Salt
- Per Taste Ground Black Pepper
- For Frying Canola Oil
- 2-3 Slices or 1/2 Grate Yellow Cheese
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add warm water and mix well.
- Using your hands – knead the dough for at least 5 minutes. The dough should be firm and elastic.
- Roll up the dough and divide it into 8 pieces.
- Roll out each dough ball with a rolling pin (2-3 mm in height - not too thin!)
- Heat a large pan with a layer of oil - like schnitzels.
- When the oil is boiling - put in the tacos.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. If bubbles appear - try to crush them with a spatula.
- Move to paper towels.
- Arrange on baking tray- and gently place the tacos inside.
- Chop the stalks of the green onions into small circles and place in a bowl.
- Crush the garlic in a bowl.
- Put in a bowl the remaining salsa ingredients and mix very well.
- Pour a tablespoon of sauce on each taco.
- Sprinkle cheese over each taco.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F on upper grill.
- Put the tacos into the oven for 3 minutes - or until cheese is melted and begins to brown.
- Voila! Ready!
- Bon Appetit!