Mexican pizza is my version of tacos, sauce and salsa. The tacos I make are from plain white flour but fried it like Mexican tacos, sprinkle salsa that requires quick cooking, spreading the cheese and straight into the oven. Mexican pizza is delicious and highly recommended as a treat for guests at a buffet - or on its own when you’re in the mood to eat something interesting. The recipe is for 7-8 tacos. Warning! Make more than you need – they will get eaten!Print Pin Rate
For the Tacos
- 1 Cup White Flour
- 8 Tablespoons Warm Water
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
For the Quick Salsa
- 14 oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Stalks Green Onion
- 2 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- Per Taste Salt
- Per Taste Ground Black Pepper
- For Frying Canola Oil
- 2-3 Slices or 1/2 Grate Yellow Cheese
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add warm water and mix well.
- Using your hands – knead the dough for at least 5 minutes. The dough should be firm and elastic.
- Roll up the dough and divide it into 8 pieces.
- Roll out each dough ball with a rolling pin (2-3 mm in height - not too thin!)
- Heat a large pan with a layer of oil - like schnitzels.
- When the oil is boiling - put in the tacos.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. If bubbles appear - try to crush them with a spatula.
- Move to paper towels.
- Arrange on baking tray- and gently place the tacos inside.
- Chop the stalks of the green onions into small circles and place in a bowl.
- Crush the garlic in a bowl.
- Put in a bowl the remaining salsa ingredients and mix very well.
- Pour a tablespoon of sauce on each taco.
- Sprinkle cheese over each taco.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F on upper grill.
- Put the tacos into the oven for 3 minutes - or until cheese is melted and begins to brown.
- Voila! Ready!
- Bon Appetit!