Milky sweet potato pancakes with oatmeal are a form of reduced punishment! That is because although we are talking about frying in this dish, it includes the ever so healthy oatmeal to quiet the conscience. In any case it is a great dish, that kids and parents alike love!
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Grate well the yams and onions.
- Drain thoroughly until all liquids have gone.
- Mix together the “leben”, egg, flour and oatmeal.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Crush in the garlic bulb.
- Mix nicely (with your hands!)
- Heat canola oil in a frying pan half inches in height.
- Take a handful of batter with one hand and place in oil.
- When the bottom is golden - turn with a spatula and fry until golden all over.
- Transfer onto paper towels.
- There you go! Ready!
- Serve hot from the pan along with fresh salad and lots of festive songs!