I give you cold pasta salad with broccoli, peas, roasted peppers and lots of delicious goodies. A great light dinner or as an extra for larger meals.
As a bonus: 2 great sauces.
The salad is recommended to prepare a few hours in advance and served cold from the refrigerator.
- Prep Time : 60 minutes
- For the Salad
- Pasta - Half a pack - about 9 oz - in the form of
- Broccoli - 14 oz bag - frozen from the supermarket
- Peas - 1/2 Cup - frozen
- Olives - Green or black - ½ cup sliced into rings
- Carrot - 1 Large
- Red Peppers - 1 Large
- Purple Onion - 1/2 Medium
- First sauce proposal - Dairy
- Mayonaisse - 2 Teaspoons
- Mustard - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Milk - 3 Tablespoons
- Wine Vinegar - 2 Tablespoons
- Lemon Juice - 2 Teaspoons
- Salt - Per taste
- Ground Black Pepper - Per taste
- Sugar - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Second sauce proposal - Parve
- Olive Oil - 4 Tablespoons
- Basil Leaves - 5 leaves cut into strips
- Oregano - 1 Tablespoon
- Parsley - 1/4 Bunch
- Salt - Per Taste
- Ground Black Pepper - Per Taste
- Roast red pepper according to the recipe for roasted peppers.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions - al-dente.
- Boil another pot of water with a little salt and a little lemon juice.
- When the water is boiling - Put the broccoli and cook over a high heat until broccoli is crisp & done (be careful that it does not become too soft...)
- While the pasta and broccoli are being cooked - Peel the carrots and grate on the coarse grater, chop the olives into rings and prepare the sauce you want.
- If you prepare the mayonnaise-based sauce - Mix all ingredients with a whisk until they are united.
- If you are preparing the oil-based sauce - Heat the oil, add the herbs and spices and cook, stirring until all the oil is painted green - and then place in a jar to cool down.
- When the pasta is ready - wash it. Drain again and let all the water drip out.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the frozen peas.
- Drain the broccoli from the water, give it a few minutes to cool - and cut it into small florets. If there is stalks that are too thick – dispose of them.
- Cut the red onion into half circles.
- Peel the roasted pepper and cut it into slices.
- Add to a bowl - grated carrots, olives, red onions and roasted peppers.
- Pour the selected dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour and up to 6 hours and take it out just before serving.
Transfer to a nice serving bowl.