“Peas in tomato sauce” is a classic addition to a festive meal with chicken and white rice. It adds color, tastes great and smells great! It is recommended for Shabbos meals, holidays and as any great side at a dinner with schnitzel and rice.Print Pin Rate
- Half a store bought pack - Available in any 7/11 Green Peas
- 3.5 Ounces Tomato Paste
- Per Taste Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- To taste you can use crushed garlic instead Garlic Paste
- ½ cup depending on how thick you want it Water
- A pinch - Per Taste Sugar
- Heat a small saucepan on the stove.
- Place in a pot the tomato paste.
- When the paste gets hot, add the water, garlic and spices - and bring to a boil.
- When everything is boiling, add the peas.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on a low heat for about ten minutes or until peas are mushy enough.
- Taste a bit of the sauce - if too sour - add a little bit of sugar.
- And it’s ready!
- Serve over white rice.