This recipe of potatoes in sweet chili and “silan” is an upgrade of a recipe I received from an excellent cook. The original recipe included potatoes, sweet chili and “silan”. My upgrade is trying to refine some of the sweetness with a touch of lemon juice and mustard. The reactions to my upgrade to the recipe were unanimous and thus, here is the recipe – so that you guys can also enjoy!
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 60 minutes
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices about half a centimeter thick. (Slicing is optional)
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and pour in two-thirds of the amount of chili and “Silan”, 3 cloves of crushed garlic and 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Make sure all the potatoes are completely coated on all sides and place in the oven!
- Make sure all the potatoes are in a single layer or so and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Place in the preheated oven of 350 Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make use of the time and mix (the same bowl from before is possible) the rest of the chili, “Silan”, mustard and lemon juice.
- After 30 minutes - open the oven and pour the remaining sauce over the potatoes as evenly as possible.
- Return to the oven for another 30 minutes.