The potato latkes are great for Hannukah or simply to enjoy during the week when you'r in the mood for something particularly tasty! Potato latkes are crispy, easy to make and super delicious!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 20 Latkes
- 4 Potato
- 1 Egg
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Flour
- Per taste Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Per taste Ground Black Pepper
- For the fry! Canola Oil
- Peel the potatoes
- On the rough side of a grater - grate the potato
- Squeeze the pieces as much as possible to try and get all the liquids out (just take a bunch in your hand and squeeze as tight as you can then place in a separate bowl)
- Add the spices, flour and egg.
- Stir well until we get a nice and smooth batter.
- heat the oil in a pan (the oil should reach approx 1/2cm)
- Take a tablespoon of the batter and (carefully!) place it into the boiling oil.
- Continue doing this until there is no more space in the pan - there should be space of approx 1cm between the latkes.
- When the latke is browning underneath - slowly and carefully flip it over to fry on the other side.
- Transfer the latkes to kitchen paper and let it soak up all the oil.
- Super quick, super easy and super delicious!
- Bon Apetit!