In most gourmet restaurants in central France, the main side dish would be (without fail) potatoes. The reason is that it is easy to prepare. It’s delicious and nutritious and can be prepared hours in advance and then left on a heat up until serving, without having to worry about any harm to the taste or the dish drying out - as opposed to rice or pasta for example. Potatoes Anna is an ideal addition to any entree. This is a rich potato side-dish intended as a supplement to personal tastes along with the main course.Print Pin Rate
- 4 Peeled Potatoes
- 50 grams garlic dill butter also possible Butter
- 1 Liter Chicken stock is also possible.....if you dont have any at home, you may use powder, just dont tell anyone! Beef Stock
- As Needed Ground Black Pepper
- Remove a straight slice from each edge of the potato in order to make sure we have a straight base.
- With a good chef’s knife, slice the potato into slices but not all the way. In other words - cut nearly to the base – but stop, so the potato is sliced but attached at the end (take a look at the picture). The thickness of each slice should be slightly less than half an inch.
- Place the potatoes in a small dish with high sides.
- By hand - give each potato a squeeze gently so that it forms a light shape of a "Fan"
- Pepper gently but sparingly on potato and sprinkle on a little thyme.
- Cut the butter into small “blocks” - and place two small “blocks” on each potato.
- Fill the pan with the beef stock to cover the potatoes.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and make a few ventilation holes with a toothpick.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cooking time is up to you - in fact after an hour - the potatoes will be ready. But you can leave them in the oven as long as there is liquids - and the more you leave them aligned evaporating - they will be crispier. So prepare yourself a cup of tea and let’s move on to take care of the main course. Whoever loves their potatoes crispy and has no patience – they can start baking without covering for about half an hour - and then continue cooking covered.
- When it is ready, strain the liquids and serve alongside a main dish.
They let them eat bugs and grass and weeds and give them just enough feed to make sure they stay close to home. Chickens choosing their own diets is what makes them have a better color, flavor, and nurattionil quality to their eggs.
Tak de herre! Jeg selv er ret spÃ¦ndt pÃ¥, hvad Simon har i sinde og hvad resultatet kommer til at se ud!SÃ¥ har lige updateret indlÃ¦gget med tidlige sete og uset billeder fra Roskilde Festival 2009!Enjoy!