- 1 Cup Jarisha
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Onion
- A bunch Raisins
- 1 Full Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- A pinch Cinamon
- optional Chopped walnuts
- Oil for frying
- For decoration Powdered sugar
- Soak the Jarisha in boiling water for about an hour - at least. Wash and drain.
- Chop onion and fry until browned (not burned).
- Mix (with hands) the Jarisha with fried onions, raisins, (walnuts), eggs, sugar, cinnamon and flour. It is important not to add all the flour at once, but every once in a while so it does not get too thick.
- Altogether, form a dense pancake and fry on both sides in a hot pan with a little oil until the latkes get a beautiful tan color.
- Sprinkle with sugar and serve.
- You may also want to serve with sour cream or white cream with fresh vegetables.
- Bon Appetit!