Red majadra is majadra with orange lentils and chopped tomato. It’s easy to make, tasty and filling - and recommended as a light dinner or as an addition to a great meal!Print Pin Rate
- 1 Cup Rice
- 1 Cup Orange lentils
- 1 Large & Ripe Tomato
- 1 Large Onion
- Small amount Canola Oil
- 1 2/3 Cup Boiling Water
- As Needed Salt
- As Needed Ground Black Pepper
- As Needed Water
- Rinse the lentils well and good. Put in a pot with water and then cover the lentils. Bring to a boil and cook over a low heat to soften (something like half an hour).
- Meanwhile wash the rice very well and put on the side to dry.
- Chop the onion and tomato.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil and fry the onion until golden.
- Add the tomatoes and fry.
- Add the rice and fry for another minute, continually stirring.
- Add the boiling water.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to a minimum and close the lid and cook for 18 minutes.
- When the rice and lentils are ready, unite them and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Simple as that!