Red majadra is majadra with orange lentils and chopped tomato. It’s easy to make, tasty and filling - and recommended as a light dinner or as an addition to a great meal!
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 40 minutes
- Rinse the lentils well and good. Put in a pot with water and then cover the lentils. Bring to a boil and cook over a low heat to soften (something like half an hour).
- Meanwhile wash the rice very well and put on the side to dry.
- Chop the onion and tomato.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil and fry the onion until golden.
- Add the tomatoes and fry.
- Add the rice and fry for another minute, continually stirring.
- Add the boiling water.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to a minimum and close the lid and cook for 18 minutes.
- When the rice and lentils are ready, unite them and mix with a wooden spoon.
Simple as that!