This has to be the best, healthiest and tastiest way to make steamed vegetables! The steamer is made from bamboo (or metal) and allows the dish to cook through steaming - this way the vegetables lose almost no nutritional value, but still get that great taste! In this recipe, I will give several different variations of vegetables that would work - you can use pretty much all and any vegetable you choose. Simple slice them thin and make sure they all fit in the steamer with the lid fully closed. In this recipe I use a bamboo steamer - but any steaming pot can be used.Print Pin Rate
- 3-4 Large Cabbage
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- head cauliflower
- head Broccoli
- A few cloves Garlic Cloves
- 1 Liter chicken broth or a similar substitute is okay Beef Stock
- Per Taste Salt
- Cut the onion and carrot into slices
- Take apart the broccoli and cabbage heads
- Cut the pepper into wide stripes
- Cover the base of the steamer with the cabbage leaves
- Place the vegetables on the cabbage leaves (it doesn't need to be on one layer - just make sure you can close the lid!)
- Boil the beef stock (or substitute) in a pan
- When the liquid is boiling - place the steamer on top of the pan
- Lower the heat to a medium-low and steam for approx 15 minutes
- Open the lid and make sure that the hardest vegetable (in our case - the carrot) has softened. If not, continue steaming for another 5 minutes.
- There you go.....super easy and super delicious! Enjoy!
- Slightly salt and serve.