Gioza steamed are Cisonim filled with all good. There is several types of gyoza, chicken, beef, cheese, i give you the vegetarian version! Gyoza is easy to prepare, very tasty and very healthy. It is recommended to serve when wanting to impress guests or when you are looking for a different, lighter meal.
In this recipe you'll need to use bamboo steamer.
- Prep Time : 35 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : 20 גיוזות
- Gyoza dough
- Flour - 2 cups
- salt - 1/4 Teaspoon
- water - 3/4 cup
- Gioza Filling
- white cabbage - 1/4 cup - chopped
- small onion - 1 (or 1/2 medium)
- Red Peppers - 1
- Carrot - 1
- Crushed Garlic - 2 cloves
- Rice Vinegar - 1 teaspoon
- Mirin - 1 tablespoon
- Soya - 1 teaspoon
- Ground Black pepper - per taste
- Canola Oil - 1 tablespoon
- For the steam!
- White cabbage - 3 - 4 large leaves
- Beef Stock - Liter and a half (or substitute powder, chicken broth, or water with salt and spices)
making the dough
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Start pouring some water and begin kneading the dough until it becomes solid and supple.
- cover the dough in plastic wrap and let it sit for half an hour.
Making the filling
- Finely chop the onions, carrot, red peppers and white cabbage.
- Slice the vegetables to a length of 1 1/2 cm.
- Mix all the vegetables in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- When the oil heats up - add the vegetables and crush in the garlic .
- Fry for 2-3 minutes untill the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the mirin, soya and rice vinegar and fry for another 2 inutes - then remove from the flame.
- Place the vegetables in a bowl.
- Add the black pepper and mix.
- Allow the mix to cool down to the point where we can touch it without being sorry!
Connecting everything to the gyoza
- Arrange cabbage leaves on the surface of the evaporation tool.
- Boil beef stock
- Flour well a nice sized space.
- Take a quarter of the dough - flour the rolling pin (the flour is important because of the sticky dough!).
- Roll out the dough - that is - not everywhere, but in one direction leaving a trail of dough with a width of about 8 cmlong.
- The doudg needs to be super thin - border line see-through
- Cut into circles with a diameter of 6 cm.
- Place a nice amount of filling in the center - not too much but not too little!
- Close the circle in half.
- Tighten the edges of the pocket and make sure its fully tightened and closed.
- Place the gyoza on a bed of cabbage leaves.
- Repeat the process until the surface is filled with cabbage (gyoza must not touch one second).
- Place the steaming tool on a hot pan.
- Lower the flame to a medium.
- Steam the gyoza for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the flame.
- Repeat the process (on the same cabbage) untill you run out of the filling or the dough.
Its ready! Bon Apetit!
Serve with sushi or as a great little snack.
I recommend serving with a side of sweet chilli or soya.