Yellow rice with carrots and raisins is a delicious and colorful addition to any meal. It's so delicious that I use it as a filling for stuffed vegetables or stuffed chicken. After having prepared yellow rice with carrots and raisins – you should probably hide it because it tends to disappear rather quickly due to the taste buds of the household!...
- Prep Time : 2 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- Rinse the rice well and good until it is clean and let dry.
- Scrape the carrots on the coarse grater.
- Chop a small onion.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion until it becomes transparent.
- Add the carrots and cook until softened.
- Add the rice and fry for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add the boiling water, salt, turmeric and raisins.
- Stir lightly.
- Close the lid and lower the heat to a minimum.
- Cook for 16 minutes exactly.
- Turn off the heat - you open the lid for 3 seconds and closing again for 3 minutes.
For those who want to – you can serve this dish with peeled/sliced almonds.