Who was it that said latkes were only made by potatoes? Well....I give you Latkes NOT made by potatoes, but instead made with the help of carrots and zucchini - Probably one of the tastiest latke recipes you'll ever have! The zucchini provides the softness, whilst the carrots provide a nice, crispy and sweet flavor to this wonderful dish. This is a dish that everyone will love!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 20 Latkes
- 2 Zucchini
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- Per Taste Salt
- Per Taste Ground Black Pepper
- For frying! Canola Oil
- With the help of a heavy grater, grate all the carrots and zucchini.
- Squeeze the pieces ti get all the liquids out - there shouldn't be too much liquid.
- Add the egg, flour, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a pan (oil should reach a height of approx 1/2cm)
- Take a tablespoon of the mix - squeeze it again from all its liquids and place it into the boiling oil (carefully!) Continue doing this until there is no space left in the pan.
- When we begin to see the edges of the latkes browning (approx 3-4 minutes) check the underneath of the latke. At the point when it browns - quickly (and carefully) flip it onto the other side.
- Fry again until browning.
- Remove them and place them on kitchen paper and let the oil get soaked up.
- That's it. Simple, quick and of course....Super-delicious!