This recipe was actually invented after I had just made stuffed zucchini's and had a large amount of left overs. usually I get rid of "extras" straight away - but this time I chose to make Zucchini latkes. So I added some leek and made some great latkes! This dish is so good that I am making stuffed zucchini's just so that I can have an excuse to makes some more zucchini and leek latkes! Obviously you don't have to make stuffed zucchinis first, but why not enjoy both worlds!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 20 Latkes
- 6 nice ones! Zucchini
- 1 Large stalk Leek
- 1 - Fresh! Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- Per taste Salt
- Per taste Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- For the fry! Canola Oil
- With the help of a Parisian spoon, empty out the inside of the zucchini - we only need the insides!
- Clean the Leek and cut into think rings
- Place everything into a food processor - until everything is full processed and becomes one
- Now - the most important part! Place everything in a filter and start draining ALL the liquid from the mix
- Place the drained mix into a bowl, add the egg, the flour, and the spices and mix well with a spoon. If the mixture is too think/"liquidy" - add some more flour
- Heat up about 1/2CM of oil in a flat pan
- When the oil is boiling, take a tablespoon of the mix and carefully place it in the oil
- Fill the pan with latkes!
- When the latke begins to brown underneath - flip it until it browns on the other side aswell
- Remove the latkes from the pan and place them on some kitchen paper - so all the oil is soaked up
- There you have it! Enjoy!