Dairy zucchini quiche is actually a great, crispy, doughy zucchini pie. The pie is suitable for any occasion, when hosting or a regular family meal. The fun in preparing zucchini quiche is that despite the long preparation time - dealing with the recipe is pretty easy - Prepare the dough, stuff - unite and straight into the oven!Print Pin Rate
- 17.5 Ounces Flour
- 5 Ounces Butter
- 4 Eggs
- A Pinch Salt
For the quiche...
- 3 large and beautiful Zucchini
- 1 large Onion
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup - 15% Cooking cream
- 2 Tablespoons - chopped Cilantro
- As Needed Salt
- As Needed Ground Black Pepper
- A Pinch Nutmeg
- Canola Oil
- For the rolling surface! Flour
- Grated Yellow Cheese
Preparing the dough
- Put the flour in a food processor with salt and butter.
- Run it through the processor - to get crumbs!
- Add the eggs and run continuously until the dough is formed.
- Remove the dough and unite it with your hands.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour. Meanwhile, prepare the filling for the pie.
Preparing the filling
- Rinse the zucchini well and slice them into round pieces (with the peel).
- Chop a small onion.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion until it becomes translucent.
- Add the zucchini and sauté until they become brown on both sides - but only brown, not burnt!
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Mix with a whisk the eggs with the cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
And now for the pie!
- After the dough has rested in the refrigerator long enough - take it out of the fridge.
- On a well-floured surface roll out the dough to a thickness of about a quarter - half a cm each – this is really a personal preference type thing. (I prefer fifteen centimeters) It is important to remember that with crispy pastry work, it should only be done when it is cold - otherwise the butter will melt and it will not be so comfortable to work with.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin - and place in a well-greased pan.
- Arrange the dough nicely in the pan/dish (which will be with the bottom and sides) and remove the excess.
- Arrange the zucchini nicely.
- Pour in the egg and cream mixture.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander.
- Place in a preheated oven of 350F for 35-40 minutes until nicely browned on top.
- Whoever wants to - after 25 minutes of baking, take it out - sprinkle a little cheese over and return to the oven to continue baking.
- Now sit back and enjoy!