Sweet and sour chicken with pineapple is great, tasty and crispy. Suitable for Friday night dinners, holidays and children! It has great color, it’s juicy and of course super delicious. There is a sweet and sour Asian taste which is a result of the wonderful flavors of the marinade. It is important to let the chicken sit in the marinade in the fridge for at least an hour (if not more) to absorb all the flavors!
- Prep Time :10 minutes
- Cook Time :60 minutes
- Yield : 4 - 6
- Carefully clean the chicken and place it in a pan.
- Open the pineapple - Pour the syrup into a bowl and keep the pineapple slices.
- In the bowl with the syrup, add the lemon juice, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic and pepper.
- Beat with a whisk until everything is dissolved and united.
- Pour half the pan over the chicken and keep the half in the bowl, on the side.
- Cover the chicken with plastic wrap - and put in the fridge for an hour.
- At the end of the hour, preheat oven “top grill” to 480-520 Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator, remove the plastic and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- At the end of 10 minutes – Turn the oven mode to “regular baking” and lower the temperature to 340 Fahrenheit (the chicken stays in the oven the whole time).
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- During this 30 minutes, take the pineapple slices and cut into cubes.
- Take the remaining marinade - Transfer to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium - low for about 10-12 minutes until the mixture becomes thick.
- When the mixture thickens - Add the pineapple and stir-fry in the sauce until it is completely covered.
- When 30 minutes has passed - open the oven - pour a tablespoon of sauce over the chicken, including the pineapple – and then pour the rest in the pan.
- Place in the oven for another 20 minutes.
Serve over white rice.